The primary focus of CRCS is the rescue, recovery, and placement of at-risk dogs in our community. We do not discriminate against age, breed, or medical condition. We provide refuge and a second chance for dogs desperately needing a new start.
The dogs who come into our care have amazing stories of strength, love, triumph, and survival to tell. Some have given much of their lives to science and laboratory research. Others have suffered from neglect, abuse, hoarding, or puppy mills, or have endured long-term confinement or isolation. In addition, we are a support for rescues and shelters, taking in dogs who have been waiting for extended periods to find a home, dogs who have been returned multiple times, and dogs who are struggling in the shelter environment due to fear and lack of socialization.
Canine Rehabilitation Center and Sanctuary (CRCS) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Our mission is “To inspire, educate, and motivate the human spirit. to save, nurture, and love the canine spirit, and to bring the two together to change the way the world views, rescues, and places homeless dogs”.
Beating The Odds. One Dog At A Time.
- We are dedicated to helping dogs recover from trauma such as abuse, neglect, long-term confinement, and other special cases. Our program provides rescue, recovery, socialization, training, and placement for dogs whom shelters and rescue organizations cannot place.
- Our program is dedicated to the dog who sits in a shelter for a year or longer waiting patiently for someone to come along and say “he’s the one I want” only to meet the dog and then say “no thanks”.
- We are dedicated to the dog who is unlucky enough to be a product of a puppy mill and who lives years in a cage, unaware of what it feels like to run free.
- We are dedicated to the dog whose owner isolated her in a yard for years and forgot to socialize her, stimulate her, and offer guidance.
- We are dedicated to the dog who is ill due to environment or age and doesn’t have a family or home to call her own.
- We are dedicated to the dog who, because someone forgot to take the time to work with him, ended up in a shelter – adopted, returned, adopted and returned.
This program is for you and your precious doggie soul. We know you can do it. Someone just forgot to show you how! We don’t care about your size, your age, your breed, your past, or your condition. We just care about you. This is your chance to learn. This is your chance to look up and say “hello world”. Only we think you should enjoy it this time around. And you will, we just know it. God speed my sweet friend. God speed.